Monday, August 30, 2010

Sadie's 10th Birthday Trip - Day 6 (8/19/10)

Thursday morning, we ate breakfast and checked out of our hotel and headed to Santa Monica. My mom lived there when she was in 4th grade, so we spent some time driving around so that she could find her old elementary school and the house her family lived in. She found them! I didn't get any pics, but she did and she thought it was fun to see how much things have changed since then. Then we drove down to the Santa Monica Pier.


California beaches still amaze me. Oregon has some pretty great ones, but the CA ones are just so HUGE and the sand seems to go on forever!

Sadie and I decided to go on the roller coaster that is on the pier. Not super big, but it was definitely a thrill!

A few blocks up and over from the Pier is a brand new shopping mall and a whole street of shops right next to it. We went over and checked it out. Lots of high end stores and just a really nice-looking area to shop.
So the angle is a bit wrong, but it was fun to experiment. :)



Mom's family took Route 66 (I think they started their move in Illinois) and ended up here in Santa Monica, so she had to have her pic by the sign!

Then it was off to LAX for our trip home. We had some dinner and frozen yogurt, hopped on the plane and headed home!
I already said it on the last post, but again, thank you Mom for being a part of this trip. Sadie will remember it for the rest of her life. Oh, and I will too. :)

No comments: