Friday, September 2, 2011

Puerto Vallarta - Day 5

Wednesday was spa day!! Jamie, Mike and I got massages and Tony had his first-ever pedicure. I have had massages before, but I am not sure anything will top this spa experience. When we checked in, we were given locker keys and directed toward the men's and women's locker rooms. In each of our lockers, Jamie and I found big fluffy robes and sandals. We got changed into our swimsuits and then went into a room where there was a hot tub, dry sauna, vapor steam sauna and cooling pool. We relaxed in the hot tub with cucumbers on our eyes (seriously!) for 20 minutes or so until it was about time for our appointments. After the most amazing massage EVER, Jamie and I were taken to the relaxing area where there was yet another hot tub, lounge chairs and sweet music. Wow, it was awesome!

The whole reason we went to Mexico was to accompany Mike and Jamie in celebrating their 10 year anniversary and so that Tony could perform a casual renewal of vows ceremony. We had tried to do it earlier in the week but just as we were all dressed and ready, a storm began. Of course. Wednesday after lunch, the weather was great and Mike and Jamie decided to go for it! We headed to the beach, did the ceremony and then walked around the resort taking lots of pictures.
sniff, sniff

Love this picture!

The four of us

Cute :)

Tony and I posed for some pics too, but for some reason, I look horrid in most of them. Darn humidity! ;)




There were some awesome plants


Since we were already dressed up nice and fancy, we went to one of the more formal restaurants at the resort, called Gong.


I think we all agree that this was one of the best meals we had on our whole trip.


The sunset that evening was AMAZING!!

We stopped at the convenience store after dinner and got some Mexican junk food and had a blast playing Phase 10 and relaxing in our room!

No comments: