Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tuesday Market Comes to a Close

Hillsboro (where we live) has farmer's markets all summer long on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesday nights. The kids and I go to as many Tuesday markets as we can, and last night was the last one of the summer. It was a little chilly, and you can definitely feel Fall in the air. I love Fall, but it is always sad when summer comes to a close.

There was free face painting, and each of the kids decided to make it "arm painting". Even Drew sat very still while getting his artwork.
My flower girl

Saturn and a star

Balloons!

Every time we go to the market the kids ask for a balloon form the balloon man. He is very good at what he does, but I don't like spending money on balloons! However, I promised them they could each get one on the last day of the market. They were quite excited.

Sadie and her horse, of course!

Drew and his Blue's Clues-esque puppy

Zack got some sort of blaster thing.


We met our neighbor at the market and then ran into friends while we were eating. It is so much more fun to enjoy the time with friends!
The Bex Family - April, Marshall V, Laci and Marshall (IV)

Our next door neighbors - William, Lynn and Matthew

Matthew and Zack rocking it out!

Goodbye, Summer, Hello Fall!

3 comments:

butters said...

I was thinking about the Tues Market yesterday. We enjoyed it several times this summer as well. Bummer we never saw you there. Acutally one time I caught a glimpse of April Bex but she was to far away to get her attention. I'm glad you've enjoyed your summer, as have we. Is it really almost fall?

Hopefully I'll see you soon,
Jenna Sady

The Erickson Family said...

These photos are so much fun!!! I didn't know that it was the last one this week. :o( GREAT photo of you with the kids E, and I loved the photo of A, M & Family!

Emma and Luke said...

Great pics! I LOVE how you take advantage of the fun activities around you guys. I need to get better at that. :)