Our last day. So sad! The day started out a little rough. We had plans to hit a few rides that we hadn't done yet and a few things to get at the shops. However, Sadie got sick Saturday night! It was pretty bad, and I was so worried that our last day would be spent in the hotel room while the boys went out! But after a night of fervent prayer on my part, she woke up feeling pretty good. We took our time getting ready and I only let her eat toast and a bagel to make sure her tummy was fine. By then she was feeling much better and we decided to continue on with our plans. All Sadie was concerned about was going on Splash Mountain! Ah, the resilience of a child!
Back in Disneyland, we ran into Buzz.

And went on Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters once more.


Then the boys and I waited while Tony and Sadie went on Splash Mountain.


We said goodbye to Disneyland, ate lunch in downtown Disney, and then said goodbye to California Adventure.

Then it was time to head for the airport to go back home.

And that was it, our wonderful first trip as a family of 5. We will never forget it (well, the boys might...) and we have so many pictures to look back at and remember. In the book I am reading for Bible Study right now (Self Talk, Soul Talk by Jennifer Rothschild), the author says, "The real power of any moment is fully realized when it is remembered. Remembering is essential to the health of our souls." God truly blessed us with health, happiness, joy and safety on our trip and for that I am forever grateful. Thank you all for enjoying my remembering!!
2 comments:
Loved all the pics. The one of Sadie being sad to leave is priceless. Thanks for sharing so much about your trip ... I was jealous all that week when I knew you were there! ~ Jessica
We went to Disney last summer with Winnie's family and the Buzz ride was a huge hit!!!
Post a Comment